OBTS is run by volunteers, academics who realize its value not only for themselves, but also for the future business managers whom we all teach. As you plan your academic year, please consider what OBTS has meant to you and your students, and think about how you might give back to the Society. You will not be surprised to learn that I have here a short list of service opportunities…
- Volunteer to be Program Coordinator for the 2013 or even the 2014 national conference. Contact me directly to learn more about this appointment. We also need sites and Site Coordinators. Although the 2013 deadline is impending (September 30), beginning now we are actively interested in proposals for the 2014 site.
- Run for a board office. The board meets twice a year, for a long weekend in October and several preconference days in June. This year our full membership will elect a Conferences Chair (which organizes preconference activities like the doctoral consortium) and Professional Development Chair (in charge of such initiatives as podcasts and teaching bootcamps).
- Volunteer to review for the Journal of Management Education. Contact the Editor, Jane Schmidt-Wilk, at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>.
- Volunteer to review for the annual conference in June, at Brock University in 2012. Look for the call for papers and reviewers this fall.
- Share your best thinking about teaching and learning in an article for JME.
Speaking of important service, I want to take this opportunity to recognize the hard working committee that was so instrumental in the selection of John Billsberry as the new editor of JME. Our sincere thanks and praise to Tracey Sigler, Chair, and Kathy Lund Dean, Charles Fornaciari, and Jeffrey Mello.
Have a great semester,